Maternity Obstetrics and Neonatalogy
The obstetrics department is managed by Professor Elie Azria.
Since it was first founded in 1910, the Notre-Dame de Bon Secours maternity ward has received mothers, couples and their children in an environment of extreme humanity and quality healthcare. The maternity ward on level 2B accompanies more than 3,500 births each year. The multi-disciplinary team combines high levels of availability and professionalism.
A modern technical platform, adult medical-surgery unit and new-born intensive care unit complete the traditional medical maternity care on offer in order to guarantee you and your child’s health. The neonatology ward includes a neonatal medicine ward and a neonatology intensive care unit.
The maternity ward includes a 24 hour delivery room reception with a full team :
- 1 gynaecological surgery-qualified senior obstetrician
- 1 anaesthetist exclusively allocated to the maternity ward and supported by a specialised anaesthesiology nurse
- 3 mid-wives
- 1 paediatrician
- 1 gynaecology and obstetrics intern
- 2 nurses, 1 baby-carer, 1 care-assistant and 1 accommodation assistant.
Appointments with a dietician, psychologist or social worker can also be organised during maternity ward stays.
- 3,500 births per year
- 840 Gynaecological surgery interventions per year
- 7 breast surgery specialist surgeons
- A total of 36 practitioners and paramedical carers can be called on (radiologists, oncologists, plastic surgeons, radiotherapists, anatomopathologists, hormonotherapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, etc.)